Cargo: Intern – Maritime Industries, Offshore Renewables and Oil & Gas Transition – Rio De Janeiro
Companhia: HM Government
Descrição da Vaga: 1
Main purpose of job:
The Department for Business and Trade (DBT) is the UK government body charged with securing the UK and global prosperity by promoting and financing international trade and investment and championing free trade. It also promotes ‘green’ exports and supports international ambitions to accelerate the global transition to net zero. In Brazil, DBT operates within the British Embassy in Brasília, and Consulates in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte and Recife.
The UK is considered a world leader in low carbon energy, underpinned by a firm commitment to delivering a low carbon economy, having the right policies and drivers in place to encourage deployment and cost reduction, as well as being a global centre for project financing.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work on one of the most important export campaigns for the UK Government in Brazil. You will work as part of DBT’s Team responsible for Maritime Industries, Offshore Renewable Energies and Oil & Gas Transition, based at the British Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro. The team is responsible for assisting UK companies, organisations, trade associations, and academic institutions, in their efforts to export, build strategic partnerships, and exchange knowledge and best practices with Brazilian counterparts, as well as build government-to-government collaboration in these sectors.
You will work as part of a team committed to helping Brazil to build a more comprehensive and competitive Energy Transition Strategy, further diversifying its renewable energy matrix, in order to meet international sustainable development goals, with British expertise.
Your work will focus on supporting the team in their efforts to strengthen the trade & investment relationship between the UK and Brazil in the Maritime Industries, Offshore Renewables and Oil & Gas Transition sectors. The UK has a strong pipeline of a diverse range of companies working in the supply chains for these sectors, which are also important for Brazil.
Provide general assistance to the sector team, which includes:
- Respond to enquiries from Brazilian and UK companies;
- Assist in the production of market analysis, lists of contacts, sector reports, and translations;
- Support in the organisation of events such as trade missions, networking receptions, webinars, meet the buyers, seminars, fairs, conferences, and workshops
- Keep Data Hub (strategic system for tracking and managing relationships with the UK and international businesses) and databases regularly updated;
- Keep sector charts, texts, and presentations updated with accurate information;
- Keep the team’s folders, documents, systems, and spreadsheets stored in an organised manner;
- Produce a monthly newsletter with highlights from the Brazilian Renewable Energy market;
- Support the Renewable Energy team in the interactions with the Marketing and Communications Team;
- Ad hoc duties as necessary (e.g., photocopies, setting up and accompanying meetings, escorting visitors within the building, etc.).
Essential qualifications, skills and experience 1
Essential on arrival: –
- The successful candidate should be a 2nd or 3rd year student in Administration, Economics, International Relations or other related disciplines, with a particular interest in international trade and clean growth.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (written and spoken);
- Good knowledge of MS Office software, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams and Word;
- Good research and report writing skills;
- The successful candidate must also have good interpersonal communication skills and be a strong team-player.
- Ability to adapt quickly and manage one’s time effectively.
- Ability to carry out administrative tasks.
Level of language required: Advanced/ Fluent
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience 1
- Previous experience working for a diplomatic mission, energy or maritime sector organisation is an advantage.
- Experience organising events is a plus.
- Knowledge of the sector/Brazil’s energy or maritime sector priorities
Required behaviours 1
Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together, Developing Self and Others
Application deadline 1 Application deadline – day Application deadline – month Application deadline – year
31 October 2023
Type of Position 1
Working hours per week 1
Duration of Post 1
Latin America and Spanish speaking Caribbean
Location (City) 1
Rio De Janeiro
Type of Post 1
British Consulate General
Number of vacancies 1
Salary Currency 1
Start Date 1 Start Date – day Start Date – month Start Date – year
18 December 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment 1
This is a part time job (30 hours a week) working hours to be agreed.
Hybrid journey is a possibility but minimum 3 days a week in office – subject to change/senior management decision.
Learning and development opportunities:
- Opportunity to engage with international partners.
- Chance to practice and improve language skills on the job.
- International networking with Brazilian and British organisations as well as government partners.
- Opportunity to learn about different sectors and enhance UK as well as Brazil market knowledge.
- Work on projects that support the British economy and the UK.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Additional information 1
The British Diplomatic Mission in Brazil is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups are equally encouraged to apply.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Localização: Rio de Janeiro – RJ
Data do Trabalho: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 06:04:09 GMT